So, you want to buy vinyl?
That's great! Vinyl is experiencing a resurgence in popularity, and for good reason. It offers a unique listening experience that cannot be matched by digital music formats.
But where do you start? This guide will provide you with all the information you need to get started in the world of vinyl collecting. We'll cover everything from choosing the right equipment to finding the best records stores.
So, let's get started!
Why Should You Buy Vinyl?
There are several reasons why you should buy vinyl. First and foremost, the unique sound. The warm, rich sound of vinyl cannot be replicated by digital formats.
Vinyl is also a more physical experience. You can hold the record in your hands, feel the grooves, and see the artwork. It's a much more immersive experience than listening to music on a computer or phone.
Finally, buying vinyl supports the artist. When you stream on Spotify, most of the money goes to the website and not the artist. But when you buy a vinyl record, the artist gets paid every time it's sold.
Where to Buy Vinyl
So, you've decided that you want to buy some vinyl records. Congratulations! vinyl is making a comeback, and there's no better way to enjoy your music than by listening to it on vinyl.
But where should you go to buy vinyl? There are a few different options, but here are three of the best:
1. Vinyl Junkie UK – We’re an online store that specializes in Drum & Bass, Jungle and Breakbeat Hardcore music, and we offer a wide selection of brand new, unplayed records.
2. Discogs - Discogs is probably the best-known online vinyl retailer in the world, and they have a huge selection of vinyl records available. You can find everything from classic albums to modern releases, and you can order them all from the comfort of your own home.
3. eBay - eBay is another great option for buying vinyl records. It's a bit more hit-and-miss than Discogs, but you can find some real bargains if you're lucky. Just be careful to read the seller's feedback carefully before you make a purchase.
Pro Tips for Buying Vinyl
Here are a few pro tips for buying vinyl that will help you get the most out of your experience:
1. Do your research before you buy. Make sure you know what you're looking for and what your budget is.
2. Pay attention to the condition of the vinyl. A record in good condition will give you a better sound quality than a record that is scratched or well worn.
3. Be prepared to spend a little more for rare or collectible records.
4. Find a reputable dealer who will treat you fairly and has a good selection of records to choose from.
5. Have fun and enjoy the experience!
Now that you know the basics, it's time to start looking for vinyl of your own. Here are a few tips to help you get started:
-Start by looking in local record stores.
-Look for genres that you're interested in and start building your collection around those albums.
-Be patient as it can take time to find the right records at the right prices.
-Join online vinyl communities or subscribe to vinyl-focused newsletters to get recommendations and advice from experts.
Above all, have fun with it! Buying vinyl should be a fun and rewarding experience, so take your time and enjoy the hunt.